Sep. 2010 to-date
Novartis Business Services, Senior Global Project Portfolio Manager
- Achieved annual savings of 25 million US dollar by selecting and challenging the right projects.
- Fully aligned the portfolios with the strategy and financial goals.
- Increased customer satisfaction by delivering more value per invested dollar, transparent project execution and risk management.
- Build transparent, high quality annual IT infrastructure project budgets starting from over 100 requests with a volume of 200 million dollars fully aligned and accepted by all internal and external stakeholders.
- Enabled change in the organization by implementing the necessary portfolio processes to support the related initiatives and programs.
- Aggregation and reporting of portfolio risks based on root cause analysis to identify cluster risks in the portfolio.
- Implemented a unique financial spending and forecasting system which is the key to successfully track and manage large portfolios.
- Drove PMO maturation by introducing value management.
- Transformed the portfolio and changed the processes to best support the IT Strategy.
- Build up the Project Management Assets through improving the own PM Methodology.
- Established long-term partnership with the strategic vendors for Project Management Resources.
- Led several Governance Boards with strategic infrastructure and resource suppliers.
Jan. 2008 to Aug. 2010
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., MIS Project Manager, Finance IT Portfolio Manager
- Established timely and high quality reports for the annual financial reports, budgets and monthly closings.
- Gained additional customers for using our business intelligence solutions (e.g. patients or carbon tracking systems).
- Introduced and implemented quality processes to make the financial IT systems SOX compliant.
- Increased customer satisfaction by implementing agile project management methodologies.
- Enhanced planning capabilities by implementing portfolio management processes and tools.
Aug. 2004 to Dec. 2007
Clariant International Ltd., MIS Manager
- Established ad-hoc reporting in addition to the standard BW reporting through Crystal Reports enabling the Group Controlling to react in much less time but higher quality to financial queries.
- Ensured a timely and high quality financial reporting to the CEO, CFO and the top management.
- Delivered databases and modules to integrate with the global margin management system.
Jan. 2004 to Jul. 2004
Astor Consulting, C*O
- Acquisitioned project management mandates
Dec. 2001 to Dec. 2003
DataConnect, Member of the executive board, Senior IT-Consultant
- Build up the Consulting Department.
- Delivered large scale master data reorganization project for Bell AG.
- Designed and implemented the database-layer for the white- and yellow pages (www.weisseseiten.ch; www.gelbeseiten.ch) at Swisscom directories as project manager and team-head. Build up, trained and developed the internal team members for the sustain phase.
- Introduced agile methodologies (Scrum, XP) to Swisscom Directories.
- Delivered the Concept of the POS management system for Coop and Migros.
- Built the EAN master data server and client architecture for merchandise master data exchange (ordering, goods receipt, Invoicing).
Jan. 2001 to Nov. 2001
Comit AG, Senior Data Warehouse and BI Consultant
- Guided the Evaluation of the Content Management System following the WTO/GATT directives for the Canton of Zurich.
- Delivered the evaluation and concept challenge for the corporate data warehouse database system for Ciba SC.
- Established the data management and process concept for the client matching at Emil Frey AG.
May 1993 to Dec. 2000
Manor AG, Head of MIS/EIS, Member of the IT Executive Board
- Built up and headed and developed the business intelligence and MIS team.
- Evaluated and implemented the corporate Business Intelligence tools.
- Led the corporate budgeting system project based on OLAP architecture. A very visible project that delivered high cost and time savings.
- Delivered correct and timely financial reporting and data management for all management levels.
- Migrated the old financial database into a modern data warehouse and delivered the corresponding financial reporting tools.
- Implemented the financial end-to-end application and data flow to process financial transactions of Manor's customer card between Manor and the factoring company.
Aug 1992 to Apr. 1993
Coop Basel, IT project manager
- Designed, implemented and deployed Coop's long-term strategic planning tool for their branches (continuation of my licentiate).
Dec 1987 to Nov. Jul 1992
Own company, IT contractor
- Delivered several software projects for Coop Basel and Coop Bern
Mai 1986 to Nov. 1987
Coop Basel, PC Support
- Deployed PC based controlling tools within the Finance Department.
- Trained the controlling and accounting department in the usage of Personal Computes and Software.